My security team asked me if vCenter Virtual Server Appliance is using TLS and if so, what would be the version of TLS. I answered that VCSA is using TLS 1.2, however they wanted some kind of proof it was true. The idea was to produce screenshot. But how check which TLS version is running your vCenter Server?
Here is a solution:
- Log in to the vCenter Server.
- Enable bash, if it is not enabled already:
shell.set --enabled true
- Run the shell if you are in appliance shell:
- Go to the VcTlsReconfigurator directory:
- Run the command to initiate the scan:
As a result of this command you should see list of services and TLS version used:
Please like and share to spread the knowledge in the community.
If you want to chat with me please use Twitter: @AngrySysOps
Join my VMware Knowledge Base Group: https://bit.ly/3w54tbc
Visit my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AngrySysOps
Read my blog: https://angrysysops.com
Subscribe to my channel : https://bit.ly/3vY16CT