If your vCenter server has Appliance Shell set as default then transferring files via WinSCP will not work. To fix this you need to change to Bash Shell.
- Initiate an SSH connection to the vCenter Server Appliance
- Provide the root user user name and password when prompted.
- Run this command to enable the Bash shell:
shell.set --enable True
- Run this command to access the Bash shell:
- In the Bash shell, run this command to change the default shell to Bash:
chsh -s /bin/bash root
- To return to the Appliance Shell, run this command:
chsh -s /bin/appliancesh root
Please like and share to spread the knowledge in the community.
If you want to chat with me please use Twitter: @AngrySysOps
Visit my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AngrySysOps
Read my blog: https://angrysysops.com
Subscribe to my channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRTcKGl0neismSRpDMK_M4A