Finally, VMware released a new update for vCenter Server addressing all the issues documented in KB86281, also including Apache log4j version 2.17.
IMPORTANT: VMware removed ESXi 7.0 Update 3, 7.0 Update 3a, and 7.0 Update 3b from all sites on November 19, 2021 due to an upgrade-impacting issue. Build 19193900 for ESXi 7.0 Update 3c ISO replaces build 18644231, 18825058, and 18905247 for ESXi 7.0 Update 3, 7.0 Update 3a, and 7.0 Update 3b respectively. For a list of related VMware knowledge base articles, see 87327.
|Download Size||7473.7 MB|
Things to know:
- VMware KB87528 provides a “standalone” Pre-Assessment script is available to help determine if your hosts are affected by the VMware KB86191 dual driver issue. You should run this python script to help identify which ESXI hosts will require remediation prior to upgrading your vCenter Server.
- Upgrading to vCenter Server 7.0U3c now requires an additional precheck to ensure that the ESXi Hosts managed by your vCenter Server are at the correct version and will not have any issues related to driver conflicts as detailed in VMware KB86447. NOTE: VMware KB86447 is a VERY CRITICAL and MUST READ DOCUMENT.
- The upgrade precheck may fail if ESXi 7.0 U3/3a exists in the vCenter Server inventory. The upgrade precheck may also fail if the ESXi 7.0 U2c/U2d hosts exist in a vSphere Lifecycle Manager (vLCM) image-enabled cluster.
- You can upgrade ESXi hosts that you manage with either baselines or a single image, by using the ESXi ISO image with an upgrade baseline or a base image of 7.0 Update 3c respectively. Do not use patch baselines based on the rollup bulletin.
- 7.0 Update 2 or any earlier version are not subject to this driver conflict. The upgrade should commence as normal and the upgrade order remains the same (vCenter Server first, followed by ESXi hosts).
- Please use this release to upgrade ALL versions of vSphere 7.0.x, including 7.0 U3/U3a/U3b
- Please use this release to upgrade from vSphere 6.7 to vSphere 7,
- Please know that VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2021-0001 has been updated to include ESXi 7.0 U3c. Please disable/disconnect CD-ROM/DVD devices on running VMs as detailed in Workaround KB87249 to mitigate this advisory.
Download and Instalation:
To download this patch, after you log in to VMware Customer Connect, select VC from the Select a Product drop-down menu and select 7.0.3 from the Select a Version drop-down menu.
- Attach the
VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-7.0.3.00300-19234570-patch-FP.isofile to the vCenter Server CD or DVD drive.
- Log in to the appliance shell as a user with super administrative privileges (for example, root) and run the following commands:
- To stage the ISO:
software-packages stage --iso
- To see the staged content:
software-packages list --staged
- To install the staged rpms:
software-packages install --staged
- To stage the ISO:
Please like and share to spread the knowledge in the community.
If you want to chat with me please use Twitter: @AngrySysOps
Visit my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AngrySysOps
Read my blog: https://angrysysops.com
Subscribe to my channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRTcKGl0neismSRpDMK_M4A