If you need to factory reset node here is a procedure, although I found it for V470F, It worked on my P570F servers and I bet it will be very similar for other Dell servers.
NOTE: The procedure is simple but if executed without proper planing it can lead to disaster.
NOTE: reset.py script is NOT for use on a VxRail running on Poweredge. In addition, the reset.py is not supported for use on systems that have been upgraded and support for reset is being deprecated.
- Restart the server
- Boot to BOOT Manager by pressing F11
- Choose One-shot UEFI Boot Menu (in V470F it was One time Boot Option)
- Choose Internal SD: RASRTOOL
- The RASRTOLL will load
- Choose Rapid Appliance Self Recovery (RASR)
- Appliance will load
- Select F for Factory Reset
- Read the warning and continue by typing
- Type in
disconnectto confirm understanding that operation may erase any external storage devices if attached.
- The process will start.
- Once finished, press
qand type in
Yesto reboot a host
- After reboot BIOS configuration will start. (If prompted press F11)
- System may reboot again
- Installation of ESXi will start
NOTE: Server may reboot again and you may lose connectivity
- Once it finished, one should see standard ESXi welcome screen
NOTE: After factory reset, all password are set to default. Please check https://angrysysops.com/2021/05/25/dell-emc-vxrail-default-password-list/ for password list
Step by step video:
Visit my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AngrySysOps
Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRTcKGl0neismSRpDMK_M4A