After renewing certificate for one on my vCenters and refreshing connection with vROps, I was not able to re-connect NSX appliance.
The error messages was:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.exception.VlsiCertificateException: Server certificate chain is not trusted and thumbprint doesn’t match
Here is my playbook to fix the issue:
- In vROps navigate to Administration->Management->Certificate
- Find and delete the old vCenter certificate that vROps was using for the vCenter adapter instance in question.
- Stop the adapter instance from the cloud accounts page (check which collector the adapter is running on from the cloud accounts page)
- SSH to the collector where the instance is running and restart the collector service with the command “service vmware-vcops restart collector“
- After 10 minutes, start the adapter instance for vCenter and test the connection