In the realm of IT infrastructure management, VMware Aria Operations stands out as a powerful tool that helps streamline operations, optimize performance, and ensure the smooth functioning of virtualized environments. As with any software, occasional issues arise, and that’s where hot fixes come into play. VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2 is a recent public hot fix release, addressing several crucial issues and vulnerabilities. This article aims to shed light on the details of the hot fix, its key features, and the steps to implement it.
What’s New in VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2?
This hot fix is a comprehensive solution that addresses various issues encountered in the previous versions of VMware Aria Operations 8.12.x. It’s important to note that this hot fix is not designed for direct upgrades from older versions. If you’re using an older version, ensure you upgrade to 8.12.x before applying Hot Fix 2.
Key Issues Addressed:
- Dashboards with Log Analysis Widget: In some instances, users encountered difficulties opening shared dashboards that included a Log Analysis widget. This problem has been effectively resolved, ensuring a seamless dashboard experience for all users.
- Missing Summary Dashboards for FIPs Enabled Clusters: VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2 brings relief to users who were experiencing missing summary dashboards for FIPs (Flexible Infrastructure Platform) enabled clusters. This ensures better visibility into cluster performance.
- Broken Documentation Links: Certain dashboards had non-functional documentation links, causing inconvenience to users seeking additional information. This issue has been addressed, and documentation links now work as expected.
- Incorrect VM License Mapping: In the Cost Driver Screen, some VMs were being incorrectly mapped with the wrong license. With this hot fix, this issue is rectified, ensuring accurate license allocation.
- Automation Central Job Creation: Japanese users faced an issue where the adapter couldn’t be selected in Additional Actions when creating new jobs for Automation Central. The hot fix corrects this problem, enabling smoother job creation in the Japanese language.
- VMC on AWS Calculation: A specific calculation issue related to VMC (VMware Cloud on AWS) in certain scenarios has been resolved, ensuring accurate results when calculating costs.
- Duplicate Object Removal: Previously, not-existing objects in vRealize Operations 8.6.4 were not automatically removed due to duplicate objects. This problem is now addressed, contributing to better data management.
- Dashboard Visibility Issue: After registering VC (vCenter) adapter into VMware Aria Operations, some users couldn’t see the dashboard via VC UI. This hot fix rectifies the visibility problem, enhancing user access to dashboards.
- Logs Integration Failure: Users faced connection failures between VMware Aria Operations On-Prem and VMware Aria Operations for Logs, especially when the latter was set up with CA certificates or when the instance wasn’t assigned to the imported certificate in VMware Aria Operations. This issue has been resolved, ensuring smooth integration.
- DCPN View Widget Error: Some users encountered an “Internal Server Error” in the view widget on the dashboard after deleting the adapter instance from the management pack. The hot fix eliminates this issue, providing error-free dashboard views.
In addition to bug fixes, VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2 includes security updates to address vulnerabilities and enhance overall system protection. Notably, the following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) have been resolved:
- CVE-2023-34609: Associated with the flexjson component, this vulnerability has been addressed, ensuring secure data handling.
- CVE-2023-32435: The webkit component had a vulnerability that allowed attackers to exploit the system. This issue has been fixed, bolstering system security.
- CVE-2023-32439: Another webkit component vulnerability was identified and successfully mitigated through this hot fix.
How to Apply VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2:
Before you begin the update process, it is highly recommended to take snapshots of each VMware Aria Operations node for backup and disaster recovery purposes. Follow these steps to apply the hot fix:
- Visit the VMware Patch Portal and download the VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2 PAK file (vRealize_Operations_Manager_With_CP-8.x-to-18.104.22.16878731.pak)
- Log in to the primary node’s VMware Aria Operations Administrator interface.
- Navigate to “Software Update” in the left panel, then click “Install a Software Update” in the main panel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to locate and install the PAK file.
- After installation, the Administrator interface will log you out automatically. Log back in to the primary node Administrator interface.
- Clear the browser caches and refresh the page if necessary to update the cluster status.
- Ensure the cluster status changes to “Online” to confirm the successful upgrade.
VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2 is a significant step forward in improving the functionality and security of this powerful IT infrastructure management tool. By addressing critical issues and vulnerabilities, VMware has once again demonstrated its commitment to providing a reliable and robust solution. Users are encouraged to follow the installation instructions carefully to make the most of the hot fix’s enhancements. With the power of VMware Aria Operations 8.12 Hot Fix 2, organizations can optimize their virtualized environments and achieve greater efficiency in their operations.
🔥Subscribe to the channel: https://bit.ly/3vY16CT🔥
🚨Read my blog: https://angrysysops.com/
🛒 VMware EMEA store: https://imp.i263671.net/c/3505578/814646/11461
🛒 VMware US store: https://imp.i263671.net/c/3505578/814642/11461
🛒 VMware APAC store: https://imp.i263671.net/c/3505578/814645/11461