VMware announced the latest version of vRealize Network Insight 6.7. This version also includes the same updates for vRealize Network Insight Universal and vRealize Network Insight Cloud. With the new version, VMware presents new functionality for IPv6 for vCenter and NSX, VMware HCX integration, network map support for Cisco ACI, easier onboarding to VMware Cloud with one-click proxy and collector setup, vRealize Log Insight integration to detect dropped firewall traffic flow as well as other new capabilities.
The release happened just before VMware Explore, where we would be able to find out more in-depth details about it.
What is exciting about this version:?
- IPv6 support:
- IPv6 traffic for application discovery and support for IPv6 traffic flows will now be visible for vCenter and NSX traffic. This will help with IPv6 traffic analysis, security planning, and app awareness. Also, onboarding infrastructure with IPv6 addresses will also be supported.
- VMware HCX network monitoring and troubleshooting will help have visibility:
- There will be support for alerts, flows, and metrics plus new support for guided network troubleshooting for HCX. This new network visibility will help customers with business continuity as they migrate across data centers and multi-cloud. VMware HCX will be a new integration for vRealize Network Insight which will provide deep visibility into HCX deployments like HCX Service Mesh, HCX Interconnect (HCX IX), and HCX Network Extension (HCX NE), HCX WAN Optimization, HCX L2 Extensions, and HCX Tunnels.
- Assurance and Verification enhanced visibility for Cisco ACI Network Map. Better network map visibility for Cisco Endpoint Groups (EPG), HSRP, contracts, and more. This will also help with network topology and intent verification.
- Enhancements to Federation dashboards for SaaS vRealize Network Insight Universal customers. New and improved dashboard views of NSX Advanced Load Balancer (Avi) in the environment dashboards.
- NSX-T visibility improvements include principal identity-based authentication and CPU core usage metrics for NSX-T Edge Node CPU core devices.
- NSX-T Transport Node new router interface metrics.
- New uRPF packet metrics for VMware NSX-T and Cisco ASR 1000 ports.
- Ease of use with built-in product tutorial screens for application security planning and guided network troubleshooting is now available.
- Forrester Research Total Economic Impact of VMware Network Insight: 2022 Study
- Free 30-day vRealize Network Insight SaaS trial
- Hands-On Lab for vRealize Network Insight
Please like and share to spread the knowledge in the community.
If you want to chat with me please use Twitter: @AngrySysOps
Join my VMware Knowledge Base Group: https://bit.ly/3w54tbc
Visit my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AngrySysOps
Read my blog: https://angrysysops.com
Subscribe to my channel : https://bit.ly/3vY16CT